The Throwdown on Saturday was in short: freaking Inspirational. Like watching the NYC Marathon in person. Standing along the racecourse, calling out the names of perfect strangers, cheering these people on as they pass you by. No matter the pace. You can’t help but to be inspired and think, I want to run in this next year. If going to a marathon and witnessing it in person does not ilicit some form of said emotion, check your pulse, people. Being a part of the Throwdown, by being handed the responsibility to be one of the judges, only sprinkled pixy dust on my personal state of glee. Great job to all the athletes.
So, springboarding off of this glee fueld inspiration, and the 90DC, I’ve gone ahead and signed up for Crossfit Festivus. It’s a nation-wide, one day event, for the beginner to intermediate CF’er. That’s me! At least, I thought it was, until I read the pre-req on the national site:
- less than 6 months CrossFitting
- Deadlift is under 225lbs
- 2k row time is 9:30 or more
- cannot do 5 unbroken pull ups
- cannot do 20 unbroken double unders
- cannot do 15 unbroken legit push ups
- uses scaled weight kettlebells for wods
- Longer than 6 months CrossFitting
- deadlift over 225lbs
- under 9:30 2k row
- can do 5 or more unbroken pull ups
- can do 20 or more unbroken double unders
- can do 15 or more unbroken legit push ups
- uses Rx’d weight kettlebells for wods
Festivus is in August. At this point in time I am unable to do a majority of the above-mentioned for Intermediate Women. Except, by August I will have been a member for longer than six months. Which in theory disqualifies me from Novice Women.
Looks like I have some work to do.